6/25/10

Armour Polish and Prayer

Ephesians 6:10 & 11


"...be strong in THE LORD and in the power of HIS might. Put on the whole armour of GOD, that ye may be able to withstand against the wiles of the devil."



Clad in the whole armour of GOD,

I can stand against the foe~

Not in any strength of my own,

but in HIS alone, I go.

The enemy is all around,

oft' in forms I can not see.

The battle is fierce, the devil's wiles,

surely no match for me...

But heavenly armed with GOD's truth,

I'll know and always do right,

When confusion sets in

and I'm tempted to ease up the fight.

The breastplate of righteousness

will be my heart's unchanging guard,

Even when the road ahead is dark

and going on seems hard.

My feet stand firmly arrayed

with the tender gospel of peace,

The shield of faith in place,

makes the blast of flaming darts to cease~

Salvation's helmet provided

and THE SPIRIT's sword in hand,

No armour for my back is needed,

while CHRIST is in command.

So each piece, thoroughly polished brightly

and put on with special care,

Only fulfills its purpose

when wholly empowered with prayer!





No comments:

Post a Comment